Monday, March 3, 2008

Über-geek vs. reality

It never really crossed my mind before, but the reason why people enjoy fantasy so much is quite obvious. Sometimes reality just stinks. Doh. So we turn to things like the World of Warcraft, some Zelda, some Mario Kart, novels about fantasy races or time warps... others enjoy Jane Austen, Tom Clancy, or hours of Futurama. (I also have to argue that most of the stuff on the G-4 television channel is total fantasy.)

So maybe this is just an excuse for me to enjoy my RPG's or my Legends of the Riftwar in moderation, but it's a good one. I hope the murlocs don't come for me in my dreams, but if they do it's certainly better than a double debit out of my checking account courtesy of the U.S. DOE.

**
Don't worry, when it gets a little warmer I will spend some more time outside in the "real" world. Today's temperature is a nice tease. I am also looking forward to visiting Colorado and the Johnsons in April!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well ,that didn't make much sense. Are you sure you don't have the same card carrying insanity as your sister?

March 3, 2008 at 2:59 PM  
Blogger .: Amy :. said...

well, I did write it at work. oh well

March 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM  
Blogger Muddy Mama said...

I get it...so I think you are in the same club.
We can't wait till you come out. Woohooo!!!!!

March 3, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home