Friday, October 5, 2007

losing weight

Okay, some might think this post will be ridiculous, so I will start with this: I know I am not fat. But I am trying really hard to lose some more weight and not have it be a temporary thing. I want to be toned. And I am really short, so extra weight looks pretty bad on me and not to mention it is a health risk.

My eating habits improved drastically since last year and I lost eighteen pounds. But I'm still really pudgy in some places. And, my weight seems to fluctuate more than a politician's opinion. One week I weigh 129 lbs and I wake up with washboard abs, and the next week I feel like I weigh a whole ton.

I have no access to any weight training machines... only a treadmill and two stationary bikes. I get headaches which last for two days (beginning to think they are migraines after my Dad's experiences) and interfere with my desire to go work out. I have exercise-induced asthma which kicks in seriously any time I exercise outdoors. I use caffeine pretty much daily to push through my morning allergy fog. And I want to train to run a 10k with my sister. I've come to realize I am really UNHEALTHY! I need some advice for motivation, and I suppose I need to go to the doctor to resolve the asthma.

I want to stop feeling squishy and start feeling amazing. Hopefully writing this and reading it periodically will help me keep track. I can look back on my high school days where I ran several miles some weekends just to relax... man, I was so skinny...

2 Comments:

Blogger Muddy Mama said...

Don't worry about the scale - just focus on how you feel!
If I pick up any good tips from the nutritionist I will pass them along. I am starting to learn nutrition really is everything - your fuel determines your output. You'll get there, just go one day at a time!

October 7, 2007 at 7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Laura is right - the focus must be on health, not size or appearance. Besides, some squishiness is a fine attribute of femininity. That is a hard word to figure out and spell.

Pilates are great for toning. Vegetables instead of grain will work for losing weight. Have plenty of apples on hand. Remember the old adage.

I wasn't getting any of your new blogs because my header for this site was an old entry....my brain hurts.

October 13, 2007 at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home