Wednesday, August 29, 2007

all I have to do is...

I got the job at the newspaper! I start tomorrow. I'm sure I'll have a lot to say about it after a few weeks... it sounds difficult, but I do like a challenge. And I like things that change constantly. I'm going to be assisting 8 advertisement salespeople at the Daily Times, and I'm sure I'll have at least 8 different things going on and changing every day.

I feel better now that I have a job. It's one less thing to worry about, and one step completed that I really wanted. My best friend got engaged recently, and I'm really excited about that. A lot more of my friends from around here came back to Salisbury this week for school, and that's awesome too. Cat and Nicole and I went to the pool party/luau that my new apartment complex held for all the residents today. Tomorrow I'll see Trapper, and I will finally see my best friend Jen on Friday and hopefully the rest of the weekend too! We might go up to the beach with Cat or something... something fun.

Just on a side note, I really hate spiders. Get out of my room. Five bites is more than enough, and they're uglier than mosquito bites. Come September 14th, you're all dead.

Anyway, I've been reading a lot and working on my scrapbooking. It's so nice to finally have time to do stuff just for me. When I was in school, I had no time for this kind of stuff. Thankfully, I can leave my work at work, and when I get home I can relax and do what I please. It's pretty sweet. Is it so bad to keep busy all the time and be content doing what I do? I constantly fight myself about whether it's okay to just get lost in books and crafts and hanging out and not worry about everything else too much. It's a welcome feeling for sure, but then there's this dark side of me that creeps out and says "HELLO! be productive! Worry about your life more!" Well... for the rest of the summer at least, I think I'm going to put that away. I need time to do fun stuff. Surgery wasn't fun, and neither was posting 15 resumes and getting just two responses. Time to celebrate and relax, now.

4 Comments:

Blogger .: Amy :. said...

oh yeah and I made an amazing lunch... sauteed vidalias, portabellas, green peppers, and zucchini. Mmmm.

August 29, 2007 at 10:30 PM  
Blogger Muddy Mama said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You da best.
You deserve some scrapbooking time.
Want some stickers? I am getting rid of all mine. I don't use them.
Love, sis

September 4, 2007 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you! And for us! (tee hee). Yes, you deserve to spend your leisure time in whatever manner pleases you. Just set an alarm if you have anything you must do later. That way you can enjoy your leisure and not have that nagging voice in the back of your head. BTW, why didn't you have the doctor remove the nagging voice while he was in there? Love, Mom

September 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
Blogger Muddy Mama said...

Oooh - can I have my nagging voice removed too? I would like that A LOT.

September 15, 2007 at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home