Saturday, July 28, 2007

On Top of Old Smokey

All covered with cheese? Work was really boring, and the more I work the less I like restaurants. Sure, I made $130 in a few short hours, but I get really sick of just about all the other aspects of that job. Sooo many people who come there to eat have given me advice about how to land a job in Linguistics instead. Alas, the thought of taking a pay cut (even if only temporarily) is hard to bear. And not one of these people has said that this area is a feeding ground for linguistic education. It's not.

So do I move to DC? Or keep my feet planted here and continue to make $20-28/hour on weekends? Or... go back to school and acquire my M.A. in teaching? Or go work in a law office to see if I'd like that instead? gah!

Instead I read novels and play games until I figure myself out. I have a few more good applications out for state jobs right now, but if those don't pull through, I'll have to reconsider my options.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you need more advise! Come out to Colorado!

July 29, 2007 at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home